Harcourt Cemetery was gazetted in 1862. The first burial took place in 1865.
Notable memorials in the cemetery include:
- Joseph Blight (quarry-master)
- George Symes (quarry-master)
- HR Bastow (influential Victorian Government Architect)
- Colonel WE James (Victoria’s senior commanding military officer of the 1930′s and 1940)
- numerous pioneering settlers and orchardists.
A lawn section was opened in 1982.
- Golden Point, Swimming & Fishing
- Morris Minor Garage